One of our main fields of activity as chemical engineers is the conceptual, basic and detailed engineering of chemical processes (organic and inorganic basis) and conventional and renewable power generation (Concentrated Solar Power, Organic Rankine Cycles-ORC, etc.).
The different fields of work in this discipline are shown below:
- Conceptual and basic engineering:
- Realization of mass, energy and exergy balances together with preliminary design of equipment, accounting for mass, energy and exergetic costs. Evaluation of different options for optimal selection through feasibility studies.
- Once the optimal option is selected, are carried out Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) with the complete definition of each line, together with elaboration of equipment datasheets and specifications.
- Detailed engineering:
- Design of oil refining plants
- Design of natural gas and condensates processing plants:
- Sweetening using chemical absorption in amine solutions
- Dehydration using physical absorption in glycol solutions
- Dehydration using physical adsorption in molecular sieve (zeolite) beds
- Hydrocarbon/water dew point control using regenerative pre-cooling and "Joule-Thomson" expansion
- Sulfur recovering using "Clauss" processes